Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let's start at the very beginning


Soudain Soixante, French for Suddenly Sixty.  It seems that Suddenly Sixty was already spoken for in the blogosphere.

Could be worse…in Welsh it would be “Yn sydyn chwe deg” which seemed like a poor choice in blog names.

Why Soudain Soixante?  Because a mere 224 days  (who’s counting?) from January 1, 2014 I turn the big “60” and I don’t know how, why or when this happened!

I know, 60 is the new 40, my 40’s have been my most favorite decade thus far.

And, if 60 is the new 40, then it totally makes sense that I am having a mid-life crisis.  Unless, of course by mid-life they mean I will live to 120.  That’s a scary thought as there is no way I’ll have enough retirement income to live that long.

Hi!  My name is Gena and welcome to my blog.  This is one small step on a journey to who knows where.   I’m single, a parent, a career gal and aging.  We will have much to meet about here.  My intention is to post at least once a week….we’ll see.  Depends on whether or not I have a date.




2 comments:

  1. I think if you made your URL the Welsh spelling you'd never be able to remember the name of your own blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welsh is a tough language and Wales is a beautiful country. I'll post some photos from my 2005 trip to Wales soon!

      Delete