Monday, January 13, 2014

The Chemistry Conundrum


Gees.  Is this the $64,000 question or what!

And I’m struggling right now.

I “googled” chemistry in romance and there were 12,300,000 sites!  Three that I liked are at the end of this post.  And no, I didn’t read all 12 million of them.  I skimmed through the first two pages.

And now...for my conundrum.  As you know, I met a man for a “meet and greet”. Very pleasant.  Nice conversation.  Felt okay.  He offered and I accepted a 2nd date.  Again, a nice date with reasonable conversation.  He walked me to my car, asked if he could kiss me, and…nothing.  For me, no chemistry. No spark.

Remember an earlier post?  I had never experienced chemistry until nearly a year ago.  I had no clue what I was missing.  Now that I’ve experienced chemistry, there’s no going back.  And this was my fear as that relationship ended, would I ever experience those feelings again?  I’m addicted.  It’s a grand and marvelous feeling…I want to feel that way again, and again, and again…for the rest of my life.  Life is too short to live without chemistry.

Or is it?  There may be a third date for me with this gentleman.  I have some questions to ask him.  One of them may be about chemistry.  I have questions for me.  Do I already know or does chemistry have the capacity to grow?

What do you think?  Let me know.

I have a blogging mentor.  She's suggested more photos (she said please!) I'm happy to oblige, I love photography and I am an amateur (with an emphasis on amateur) photographer.  As a "mentee" I am eager to please my mentor.  So here is one of my photos of my favorite muse...Mt. Rainier!




6 comments:

  1. Great photo of Rainer! Would love to see more. First kisses...I foresee an interesting post on that topic. They're so odd, aren't they? Sometimes sparks fly...and sometimes you have to take a second pass to really know. It's like eating at a restaurant. You might not like it that much the first time but shouldn't you give it a second try just to make sure? I say go for one more and if there's still no spark, drop it like a hot potato. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More photos of Rainier...or more photos in general! Both I suspect. Kisses are somewhat odd, and I think for many kisses may be the epitome of chemistry. Kisses aren't the deal maker or breaker for me. The chemistry I want to feel is more visceral yet not necessarily sexual.

      Delete
  2. I had a first kiss that was a disaster. Like kissing a post. I was certain it was the same for her. We would not see each other again for a week. The attraction was there, I was sure it was mutual but the kiss at the door was a flop. I decided I was holding back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Craig. Thanks for responding. I guess for me, part of the lack of chemistry in this one is the lack of attraction. He's attractive, pleasant, well-educated, a professional, good conversationalist, probably a bit more conservative than me. However, I'm not attracted and thus not feeling "that spark".

      Delete
  3. Next week, same scene, the kiss at the door. It was electric. Same two people, same goodnight kiss, totally different result. I was overthinking that first kiss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you experienced a better result...sounds like the kiss is important to you!

      Delete