Thursday, January 22, 2015

Deflate Gate ... or is playing loose with the rules ever okay?



Here's my take on "Deflate Gate".
“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.”
― John Wooden
I would substitute "integrity" for "character".
So here is what I learned: I am a football fan, not a football afficionado! I have no knowledge of how the inflation of a ball impacts play. But I do know people and while I've never been a "fan" of Bill Belichick, I now know the kind of people both he and Tom Brady are.
Is this the story they want to tell about their lives? Do they want "I won the NFC Championship or the SuperBowl" written on their tombstones? I'd much rather have "integrity" written on mine.
I was, of course planning to root for the Seattle Seahawks before all of this, but now I have all the more reason to!

GO HAWKS! PLAY WITH INTEGRITY AND CHARACTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment