More soul-searching, which I enjoy. Toward the end of December, coffee with my friend Kate led to a conversation about the stories we tell ourselves. I have to admit that the conversation challenged me. I let it sink in for nearly a week then went on one of my inevitable Google searches about stories. My search took me through several blogs that weren't really what I was looking for; then all of a sudden I found this!
A book...The Power of Story by Jim Loehr.
I'm a mere 43 pages in however I believe The Power of Story will be this years touchstone for me. "Your life is your story. Your story is your life."
I've understood self-fulfilling prophesies for many decades; "A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior." However, I haven't thought about it through the lens of the stories I tell about myself and how portions of those stories have held me back. Certainly some of the stories have propelled me forward as well, but perhaps only for a sprint rather than the marathon of my lives' journey.
|Day 9 Photo of the Day|
For now, I'm sticking with the book. I'm curious to see what I do with my story. I hope you'll stay tuned.
What else is going on?
- Seattle Seahawks going for the NFC championship again!
- Attending a Rick Steves' "tour reunion" and several workshops next weekend
- Started a 365 or Photo A Day project, to see what I can do with my camera and photography
- Made plans to travel to Vancouver, BC (Canada) when my daughter and son-in-law will be there briefly on a layover
- Making plans to travel to Colorado in May to host a baby shower for my daughter (shhh...don't say anything, she doesn't want me to post about this) and yes...that means I am going to be a Grandmother!
- I've already applied for two jobs this year. Ruled out of one of them right away! And haven't heard from the other one yet
- And (insert drum roll here!) I had a "meet & greet" that I really enjoyed. Stay tuned to see if there is a follow up date!
|One of the 365 photos I didn't pick as a photo of the day!|
You don't have to search for new posts! You can have posts sent directly to your email! Follow this link: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoudainSoixante
PHOTOS: Glowing Tree and Bird on Tree photos are mine!!