Sunday, August 16, 2015

August Update

I haven't posted in quite some time. As one might assume, there are myriad reasons why. Some and/or all of the following are why (this list is not exhaustive!):

  • I'm busy
  • I'm bored
  • I'm a new grandmother
  • I've been traveling
  • I'm unemployed
  • I'm preparing my house for sale
  • I'm depressed
  • I'm excited about a new future
  • I'm trying to decide where I want to live
  • It's been one of the hottest and driest summers on record in the Pacific Northwest and I don't like the heat
  • I've been applying for jobs
Lucy - Photo by Andrea Kinter



The highlights are the arrival of Granddaughter Lucy on 6.18.15. Healthy, beautiful. I was immediately in love. Lucky me, I was able to spend two weeks with Lucy and her Mom and Dad. Then in August I spent another week with them as well! And better still, I already have another week planned for September!


My long-distance relationship continues. For most of June, July and now August we have connected via Skype or by phone. An in-person visit is scheduled for late August. Happy doesn't begin to describe how I am feeling about the upcoming visit.

Mt. Rainier through Rose Wine

As for next steps in my career, I've been doing career transition work here in Seattle. The process has been positive and challenging, essentially better than any "therapy" work I've done. The coach had me do an exercise where I listed the "peaks" & "valleys" of my life (all 60 years!). Then she had me chart it on a graph. I was dumbfounded. I had significantly more peaks than valleys! I realize I've been telling the wrong story for most of my life! Totally eye-opening. Now we are working on "dependable strengths". And exploring how I can use those strengths to seek a new career perhaps in the travel industry or with my photography, or both! It's thrilling like a roller coaster! Exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I'm reading a fabulous book. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Won't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I highly recommend it. It's an easy read yet includes plenty of data and research. Let me know if you have read it or if you do. I'd love to know your thoughts.

So other than the heat...it's been a good summer and it isn't over yet. Once the house is sold, I have a new job, and determine where to live I anticipate getting back to honing Soudain Soixante.
Moon at Midnight

CREDITS:

Photo of Lucy by Andrea Kinter www.andreakinterphotography.com

Photos of Mt. Rainier Through Rose Wine and Moon at Midnight are my photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment