Monday, April 4, 2016

Finally! ~ I'm Back. With My Voice.

Sunrise on the Tasman Sea, Cairns, Australia
As readers are aware through earlier posts, I've found it challenging to "find my voice" with Soudain Soixante. Overthinking (the art of creating problems that don't exist) may have been my enemy on this. Recently I searched Google for "how to define a blog." There were (I kid you not) 234,000,000 results. Guess I am not alone in my struggle!! The first result was from ProBlogger. I opened it straight away as I've been a ProBlogger subscriber for some time. Darren Rouse of ProBlogger offers three ways to define a blog:

  1. By niche...which is a topic driven blog
  2. By demographic...focusing on a specific segment of the population
  3. By "fight"... essentially building your blog around "a struggle that readers might identify with"
Well, there it is. Simple. Easy. Straight forward.

I write Soudain Soixante to connect with and offer something to women (primarily) of a "certain age" (demographic) about almost anything (no niche here!). Along the way, we might find a (struggle) in a specific post such as Empty Nest or Selling A Home as examples.

Maybe, just maybe I have found some clarity around voice and purpose.

In the meantime, and until such time as I write another post. I offer you a list of what has been happening in my life since the last post on September 8, 2015 (gasp!!).

  • September
    • I traveled to Colorado for a week with my daughter, son-in-law and grandbaby
  • October
    • The sale of my house was completed, a garage sale was held, items were donated and some were disposed of. The rest (not much) now resides in a 10x10 storage unit
    • My Uncle was gracious and allowed me and my cat Sadie Mae to move temporarily into his home (define temporary...we are still here) as I was at the time unemployed
    • The man on the other end of the long-distance relationship ended it with an email and no understandable (at least for me) explanation
    • I started a job as a sales associate for a local camera store (feeding a passion, getting me out of the house, and learning something new every day)
    • I traveled to Colorado for a job interview with the benefit of more family time
  • November and December were pretty quiet
  • January 2016
  • Kiwi Scenic Rail - Auckland to Wellington, New Zealand
    • Applied for, was offered and accepted an interim (6 mos) position in my chosen career as a social work administrator/manager
  • February
    • Traveled to New Zealand and Australia with my daughter, son-in-law and grandbaby
  • March
    • Applied for a "permanent" position with the same organization as in January (fingers crossed, at least I am an internal candidate)
Some of the above will likely turn into future posts.

CREDITS:

ProBlogger

Photos are Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment